Western OverseasGreen Recycling
Western Overseas Incorporated (WOI) has been in dialogue with ship breaking yards in Bangladesh and India guiding them to improve Green recycling standards in accordance with Hong Kong Convention.
While dealing with the responsible ship owners we ensure ship owners receive authentic information about the Green shipyard where the ship owners vessel is sold and recycled. We guarantee that Owners vessel is recycled ONLY at HKC compliant ship recycling yards. WOI acts as exclusive cash buyer for PHP for purchasing Green Vessels.
What do we do for the Owners?
- ♦ Prepare Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM) By Coordinating with Experts Upon Request.
- ♦ Co-ordinate with Ship Recycling Yard for preparation of a Ship Recycling Plan and ensuring that Ship recycling Facility Plan is adequate to recycle the type of ship.
- ♦ At Ship owners request, we Monitor Safety & Preparations for receiving the ship for recycling as well as periodic monitoring of dismantling of ship as per HKC requirements of the Ship Recycling Plan.
- ♦ Submission of Ship Recycling Progress Report to the owner on periodic basis, which illustrates the procedures adopted by the yard and coordinating with Ship Owners on any specific queries with yard and ensure coordination with yards for visit by Owners or their representatives.
- ♦ Detailed Report upon Completion of Ship Recycling.
Background of PHP Ship Recycling Industries:
PHP was established in 1969 by Mr. Alhaj Sufi Mohamed Mizanur Rahman which has today developed into a leading business conglomerate in Bangladesh. The group comprises over 30 companies that are operating in diversified business sectors including among others, Steel, Float Glass, Aluminum, Textiles, Power, Petro Refinery, Financial Services, Agro Pioneering the steel and float glass industries in Bangladesh. PHP has been continuously exploring newer horizons each day with innovative & eco-friendly technologies.
PHP recognizes that the earth is a shared and finite resource that we all must safeguard for generations to come. PHP is committed to sustainability that drives their operations to adopt management systems and best practices .
PHP is the only ship recycling facility in Bangladesh which complies with the requirements of the Hong Kong International Convention. Total area of the Yard is 20.19 Acre. The company has recycled 150 Vessels of different types and size with approximate tonnage 2 million light weight tons including about 230,000 tons recycled with HKC Green recycling.
In October 2017, class RINA awarded PHP a Statement of Compliance (SOC) to Hong Kong Convention (HKC) for safe and environmentally sound recycling of ships. Further in 2020, PHP yard also received SOC from class NK. PHP is the only Bangladesh recycling facility which is approved for HKC Ship Recycling. WOI is working very closely with PHP from the inception of their HKC program.
- ♦ We encourage ship owners to do a physical visit the yard to witness the high standards maintained by PHP.
- ♦ As their strategic partner WOI will be very happy to arrange a yard visit for the owners.
Types of Vessels
The Following Vessels Sold By WOI To PHP For Green Recycling:
- MV PUTERI FIRUS - LDT 26,915 - MISC
- MV BERGE AORAKI - LDT 21,285 - BERGI BULK LIMITED
- MV JANICE N - LDT 37,000 - NEU SHIPPING
- MV HANDAN STEEL - LDT 37,000 - EASTERN PACIFIC SHIPPING
- M/V ORE BAYOVAR - LDT 22,248 - VALE
- M/V WHITE PEARL - LDT 11,609 - SMT SHIP MANAGEMENT
- M/V ORE GUAIBA - LDT 22,167 - VALE
- M/T SPERO - LDT 16,717 - VITOL OIL
- M/V ORE VITORIAN - LDT 26,274 - VALE
- M/V ANTWERPEN - LDT 11,003 - SMT SHIP MANAGEMENT
We welcome the opportunity to further our business relationship together and any inquiry you may wish to raise concerning our operation and our capabilities therein.